Tuesday 31 January 2017

My Holiday

I spent my holiday by attending Pendidikan Dasar Jamadagni XLI for a week started from 27th December 2016 until 2nd January 2017. It was an unforgettable moment for me. Because it was the first time I celebrate new year without my family. And it was the first time I spent my new year with my friends.
So we gathered at SMAN 3 Bandung on 6 AM and we held an opening ceremony and our parents joined the ceremony. We went to Situ Lembang by truck, one truck for the participants and one truck for the mentors. But we didn’t go to our destination by truck. The truck stopped after going for about 3 hours but I didn’t know exactly where are we. After that we walked for the rest of the day and then our mentors taught us how to build a shelter using our ponco and how to make fire because the day is getting darker. Our mentors helped us and guide us. They told us how to use cleaver properly.
The next day we spent by longmarching. By the way, as we walk, we should sing until we arrived at our destination. In the middle of long march, our mentors told us to grab our flashlight but my flashlight battery was low so my mentor said I just have to walk closed with my friends or hold their hand because its getting darker and its too risky if I change my battery now. So I just keep walking without flashlight.
The other day we spent with review what we have learned and apply it here such as navigation, survival, trapping, first aid, and SAR. We didn’t do it well actually and it was really disappointing
our parents picked us up at situ lembang on 2 January 2017 and they joined the closing ceremony too:). so at the time i officially became 'anggota muda'.

No comments:

Post a Comment